Alternative things to do in Amsterdam:
1. Peering inside the soon-to-be-open Street Art Museum in NSDM Wharf
For three years the founder of Street Art Today Peter Ernst Coolen is inviting to Amsterdam street artists from all over the world, offering them canvases that are so big that it’s no different from painting on a wall. This is happening inside a former shipyard in Amsterdam Noord, a huge post-industrial space that will soon become the world’s largest street art museum.
[update 2020: the museum has finally opened, and it’s called STRAAT. I worked there for the 2 and half years leading to the opening, but that’s another story]
Read also: Street Art Inside: The STRAAT Museum in Amsterdam
2. Eating at the Noordermarkt
3. Exploring alternative Amsterdam with an AllTourNative tour
The highlights of this Amsterdam street art bike tour were:
4. Visiting the Stedelijk Modern Art Museum of Amsterdam
5. Chilling out at the nicest coffee shop in Amsterdam: YoYo Café
6. Wandering around Amsterdam Noord
7. Hanging out with Bortusk Leer
8. Drinking at the Hill Street Blues
9. Meeting the Amsterdam Street Art crew at the Go Gallery
10. Sipping coffee, reading books, and writing down my travel notes at the cutest cafés in Amsterdam
Plan your trip to Amsterdam with my Amsterdam Google Map!