This list of open calls for street artists is a recurring segment of Blocal’s monthly newsletter. If you want to receive street art open calls straight to your inbox every first of the month, subscribe here.
If you’d rather prefer to focus on creating art, I can take care of everything else :) Let me help in finding painting opportunities for you, communicating what you do, and getting international press coverage.
Open Call For Street Artists – Deadline December 2022
- Barcelona’s B-Murals is offering art residencies to two urban artists. These MICRO-RESIDENCIES are focused on short to medium-term projects (between 2 and 3 months). You can apply before December 31st.
Street Art Open Calls – Deadline October 2022
- You can apply to the prestigious Arte Laguna Prize until October 31st. Besides a specific section dedicated to Street and Urban Art, the Venice institution also welcomes applications from painters, photographers, video artists, sculptors, performing artists, designers and graphic artists.
- Can art help decode what’s happening in the 21st century? The Gallery invites ten artists from around the world to make art about “The State We’re In.” Selected artists will receive a fee and their work will be reproduced at scale and displayed for millions to see in public sites traditionally reserved for advertising across UK. Deadline: October 16th.
- London Calling! (sorry, I couldn’t resist). You can send your posters to The London International Paste-Up Festival before October 15th. (maximum size: 2 meters).
- There are millions of stories, myths, and songs about the vital communication and reciprocity between all the species. The Improper Walls‘ open call for artists invites them to submit artworks that have kin as the main protagonist -to amplify the existence and intelligence of plant species. Deadline: October 14th.
- Florida’s non-profit organisation “Embracing our differences” is looking for urban artists for an outdoor juried art exhibit featuring 50 billboard size images reflecting the theme “enriching lives through diversity.” There is a cash prize and you should apply before October 5th.
Open Calls for Street Artists – Deadline September 2022
- September 1st is the last day to apply for the Art Book Salon SPRINT Milano 2022. If you have published independent art books (photography, illustration, comics, poetry, texts, graphic & typography, writing), you can get a table for free at this independent book fair (happening in November)
- One more opportunity in Milan: you have time until September 5th to submit your poster designs to BASE Milano for their upcoming event “Cavalcavia.” The ten finalists will receive 500€ each and their posters will be showcased in the streets of Milan.
- Yet another opportunity for poster artists: you can send your designs to Italy’s Paste Up festival (happening in Naples in September) until September 3rd.
- Monochronicle is looking for a mural artist for a public art project in Gainesville, Florida. This is a paid commission, and you should apply before September 6th.
- Barcelona-based urban center B-Murals is looking for three artists to paint three medium-size murals in Prats de Lluçanès. Applicants must be resident in Catalunya, and apply before September 4th.
- Gallery No. 32 is taking submissions of outdoor sculpture for their 3rd annual Winter Sculpture Park. Apply before September 18th.