Last year I managed to accomplish my one and only new year’s blogging resolution. I was so amused by this achievement –I still am– that this year I came up with 19 blogging resolutions for 2019.
My blogging resolutions for 2019 arise from the fact that my freelancing years have just ended: I have an office job now, which I love but –still- it takes away lots of time from blogging, hence the need to focus on what I consider my blogging priorities (an authentic interaction with you and writing great stories) and let go of everything else (social media and wasting time over the opinions of little ponies).
On the other hand, my office job gives me the opportunity to ‘play more’ in here: as my ‘professional’ writing is ending up somewhere else, here on the blog I’m now free to experiment without bothering about schedules, keywords, outreaching, virality and digital marketing.
Which is exactly what this blog needs at this point: more spontaneity, more focus on telling good stories and me going back to ‘writing as I am’.
19 BLOGGING RESOLUTIONS FOR 2019
About CONTENT CREATION
1. Quality over Quantity: only publish great content, no matter if “semiocassionally”
2. You Were Born to Sparkle: write more personal posts and develop a stronger voice in not-so-personal posts
3. The World is a Book: travel to new places
4. Go With the Flow: don’t over-plan but follow the inspiration and pay attention to synchronicity
5. Here and Now is Where it Happens: media partnerships with street art festivals, studio visits, graffiti jams, interviews… write first-hand stories from where things happen
6. Experiment: create new formats, try different styles and research new topics
About SOCIAL NETWORKS
7. When Things Go Wrong Don’t Go With Them: think of social networks simply as micro-blogging platforms and avoid all the superficiality
8. Every Exit is an Entry Somewhere Else: weight the consequences of quitting social networks by the end of the year
About THE COMMUNITY
9. Engage in Conversations that Matter: every month craft the best newsletter ever, take your time to thoroughly reply to emails, comments and direct messages, build up on authentic interactions
10. Love Is the Same Thing as Paying Attention: listen to your community and add value to the conversation that is going on
11. Write for Your Readers: and not for other bloggers and/or artists (seriously, you don’t need to impress anyone)
About JOB ATTITUDE
12. Community Over Competition: collaborations with like-minded bloggers
13. Let’s Wander Offline: networking, attend events and shows, live the streets
14. Turn Up For Work: discipline allows creative freedom
15. Study Harder: 2019’s quarter focuses:
Writing (Jan – Feb – Mar);
Photography (Apr – May – Jun);
SEO (Jul – Aug – Sep);
Video Making (Oct – Nov – Dec)
16. Dance Like Nobody is Watching: don’t check stats, views and likes, just create the content that you want
17. Be Ambitious for the Work and not for the Reward: strive to improve and to write at your best, not for compliments
18. Unicorns Don’t Lose Sleep Over the Opinions of Little Ponies: write as you are, with professionalism and passion, follow your own path and don’t let other people’s opinions hold you back
19. Don’t Quit: blogging is definitely worth every minute of hard work you put in it (actually, it’s worth so much more!)
You can hover over this image to quickly pin it!